International Conference on Metrology for Archaeology and Cultural Heritage
19-21 october 2016, Castello del Valentino, Torino (Italy)
MetroArchaeo gathers together researchers and operators interested in the valorisation, characterisation and preservation of archaeological and cultural heritage with the main objective of discussing production, interpretation and reliability of measurements and data.
The conference program is conceived to foster exchanges of ideas and information, make connections and collaborations and update innovation on “measurements” suitable for cultural heritage among archaeologists, conservators and scientists.
MetroArchaeo2016 will include “Live Demonstration – DEMOS” tracks to allow interactive and tangible forms of presentation.
Main topics include, but are not limited, to:
- Metrology for Archaeology and Cultural Heritage
- Methodologies, measurement techniques and data analysis
- Sustainable methodologies and measurements for preventive conservation
- Heritage Geomatics
- Non-destructive techniques and testing systems for diagnostic applications
- Ancient scientific instruments
- Bioarcheology and measurements for heritage food
- Computer Science and 3D survey