Post-Doctoral Fellowship (2 years) Job Title Post-Doctoral Fellowship Institution University of Calgary Department Anthropology and Archaeology/Geoscience Location 2500 University Dr NW, Calgary, AB T2N 1N4 Start Date April 1, 2017 Contract Type University of Calgary Faculty of Arts funded Salary $60,000 (including benefits) Supervisors Steve Larter, Julio Mercader
Theme: Preservation of organic molecules in archaeological time: geochemical insights Challenges: Controversy in molecular paleontology centers around issues of molecular durability, contamination, and the diagenetic pathways involved in the survival of labile molecules such as carbohydrates.
- A PhD and expertise in one or more of these areas: 1) archaeological residue analysis, 2) organic geochemistry, 3) molecular archaeology
- Conceptual and methodological innovator
- Demonstrated track record and research competence as judged by publications in leading peer-reviewed journals and by participation in seminars, workshops and conferences
- Motivated and organized self-starter, who can work with minimum supervision in a laboratory environment and is able to supervise and educate less-experienced co-workers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Successful candidates will be subject to standard pre-employment screening including right-to-work, proof of identity and references
- The University of Calgary is an equal opportunity employer, candidates will be chosen who are the best fit regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation
Application Details Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, cover letter, and contact information for three referees. Short-listed applicants will be required to provide two letters of recommendation. Please submit application packages to Dr. Julio Mercader (email@example.com).